Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Fantasy

The Generous Wife gave a perspective on fantasy back in February. (I am going through older items I have accumulated for blogging consideration.)

I think imagination is a gift from God. It serves a number of purposes, but, like most things, can be used for good or bad. As believers, we need to be wise about how we use our imaginations. I think there is nothing wrong with writing bedroom stories. I think there is nothing wrong with role playing. I think there is nothing wrong with enjoying sexual memories or creating sexual fantasies. I do think we need to be prayerful about content. We need to understand that where the mind goes the body may follow, where we create an appetite we may want to feed.

I don't mean to throw a lot of fear on y'all, really I don't. I'm for outrageous generosity, including where the bedroom is concerned. I just want to suggest a certain amount of care. I don't think there's anything wrong with fantasizing that you and your husband are young again, that you're deserted on a island, or that you live in another time (goodness, if you want to be aliens, go for it). I do get concerned when folks involve other people in their fantasies or if they imagine doing things that their spouse would never in a million years ever do (that may create a hunger for something that's just not going to happen and end in frustration for everyone).
God gave us imagination. We can use it for good or for ill. One way we can use it is to create even more fun for our spouse. It is okay to pretend. It is okay to pretend while making love with your spouse.

See You Want to Do WHAT?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no "cussing" or profanities or your comment won't be published. I have to approve your comment before it appears. I won't reject your comment for disagreement - I actually welcome disagreement. But I will not allow libelous comments (which is my main reason for requiring approval) and please try to avoid profanities. Thanks!