Monday, August 23, 2010

An Opportunity For Fire Drills

Looks like China is seeing some traffic jams almost as bad as the Los Angeles area, according to this AFP story.

Thousands of vehicles were bogged down Monday in a more than 100-kilometre (62-mile) traffic jam leading to Beijing that has lasted nine days and highlights China's growing road congestion woes.


I can sympathize.

Traffic slowed to a snail's pace in June and July for nearly a month, according to earlier press reports.


Man, those traffic reports on the radio must have gotten highly monotonous. The article says that food is being sold to the drivers as they wait. The only problem with that is that the drivers are hungry again half an hour later.

Okay, okay – I hope I'm not offending anyone. There's a lot about Chinese culture that I like, including the food. They certainly are having some growing pains, though, and there's a lot I don't like about China, too. Like the lack of human rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no "cussing" or profanities or your comment won't be published. I have to approve your comment before it appears. I won't reject your comment for disagreement - I actually welcome disagreement. But I will not allow libelous comments (which is my main reason for requiring approval) and please try to avoid profanities. Thanks!