Tuesday, October 10, 2023

How I Know Running Game Works

Free Clipart: Magic Hat and Wand | gnokii
I know running game works because I've seen it work, over and over. I've seen it work on my sister, on coworkers, on classmates, and on women who seek advice from, or tell of their experiences, on radio shows, in columns, forums, etc.

But I also know running game works because it worked for me.

Back in my "single" days, I never went full "running game." I adopted some tactics. And they worked.

When I first heard about running game, it seemed like it couldn't possibly work because it went against everything else I'd been taught. But when I stopped being the romantic gentleman puppy dog focusing on one woman, when I did adopt some of the tactics of running game, it was amazing how well it worked. I spent far less time, money, and effort on these women and yet they were eager to see me and get physical.

What did I do?

I had been through a couple of long-term relationships while I was still operating under the delusion that I was supposed to "make it work" absent some serious abuse, addiction, crime, cheating, or things of that sort. By the end of the second relationship, I realized I'd rather be "single" than in a bad relationship with drama. (Too bad I didn't realize I should stay free for life. But that's but that's not for this entry.)

I had some dates after that which I kept inexpensive.

I started seeing one woman on a regular basis. I kept it in my mind that at the first sign of drama, I was gone. That worked well. She was great. There wasn't any drama. I was still foolishly looking for a wife. There was a major sticking point preventing me from thinking of her as wife material for me (not for someone else). She eventually decided it was time to break up. But she kept inviting me over at bedtime. I wasn't going to turn that down: sex but no obligations, no expectation of exclusivity. It was the start of running game for me.

From then until I foolishly pursued a wife, some of the tactics of running game that I adopted, some more slowly than others, included:
  • avoiding mothers of minor children
  • keeping dates inexpensive and nocturnal
  • avoiding buying gifts/paying her bills
  • avoiding meeting their family and friends
  • saying no/avoiding doing anything I didn't want to do
  • avoiding agreeing to exclusivity
  • seeing others and not hiding that I was seeing others
  • avoiding dates that were unlikely to lead to some form of sex
  • moving the dates towards sex
  • leaving the date/cutting the date short if it became clear sex wasn't going to happen or it had gone as far as it was going to go
  • being vague about what I was doing when I wasn't with them
  • having better things to do than them
  • not making their problems my problems
  • being confident, assertive, and emotionally distant
Just that partial adoption of running game worked. I spent a lot less time, money, effort, and emotion. I didn't lose any of my power or autonomy to any of the women I dated. There was a lot less of doing things I didn't want to do. I wasn't a doormat. When we stopped dating, it didn't disrupt my life.

As I said, I hadn't gone full running game. Yes, my dates included some co-workers; yes, most of these dates knew my real name, phone numbers, jobs, residence, etc., and some of them I brought back to my place. No, I hadn't had a vasectomy. Fortunately, those things didn't come back to bite me.

There were moments on dates in which I thought to myself, "You'd be handling this differently if you didn't know about running game. And look - running game is working!" It almost made me laugh out loud.

Running game works.

You'll notice it does if you pay attention to what's going on around you, if you analyze what women tell each other and tell those from whom they are seeking advice. And you'll notice it does if you adopt it and keep at it consistently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no "cussing" or profanities or your comment won't be published. I have to approve your comment before it appears. I won't reject your comment for disagreement - I actually welcome disagreement. But I will not allow libelous comments (which is my main reason for requiring approval) and please try to avoid profanities. Thanks!