Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Did You Knock Up Alison Le Anne Ebert?

If so, pal, then I just want to know what the hell you were thinking. Ruben Vives reports on an LATimes.com blog about her alleged wrongdoings.

A 35-year-old Cypress mother of three was arrested for allegedly leaving her two children home alone in a house filled knee-high with trash, bugs and maggots, authorities said today.

Police found the children Tuesday living in "deplorable" conditions, said Sgt. Tom Bruce of the Cypress Police Department.
Oh, come on. How bad could it have been?

"Frozen bugs were inside the refrigerator and the toilets were overflowing with human feces," Bruce said.
Yeah, that's pretty bad. As messy as I ever was, I drew the line at freezing bugs. (Seriously, I was messy in the sense of letting mail and clothes pile up, but I never left food around or let bugs stick around.)

But hey, maybe she was out there working in a desperate attempt to afford better living conditions? Read on...

Their mother, Alison Le Anne Ebert, turned herself in to police, allegedly telling officers she had been smoking marijuana at "some dude's house," was addicted to methamphetamine and felt lazy and depressed.
Sounds like a party. Now why would someone feel lazy and depressed after engaging in those activities?

When officers arrived, they found two girls, ages 9 and 11, inside the home, Bruce said.

The two girls were placed under the care of Orange County Child Protective Services, Bruce said, adding that a third child, a 15-year-old girl who had been staying at a relative's home, also was taken into protective custody.
But come on - was it really that bad there?

City code enforcement officers deemed the house uninhabitable.
Okay, yes, I guess it was really bad.

I'm thinking perhaps the 15-year-old or the relative she was staying with made the tip-off call. If not, I'd like to know why the relative didn't do anything.

Ebert, who earns "two thumbs down", has three kids and there's no mention of a husband, ex-husband, or even a shack up. At least one guy (possibly three guys – or more if she had miscarriages or abortions) not only thought this woman was sex partner material, but didn't take enough precautions to prevent knocking her up.

Okay, so you made some mistakes, guy.

But did you have to leave your kid(s) with her to let them exist in those conditions?

I'm in no way letting her off the hook, but c'mon fellas... let's be a little more careful with our genetic material and our offspring, shall we? I pray to God those kids get the help they need. I would be very interesting in knowing the status of the biodads and whether or not they sought custody or visitation, and how the courts ruled if they did.

I'm sure there will be more about this in tomorrow's paper. Or maybe not. The newsroom is shrinking daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no "cussing" or profanities or your comment won't be published. I have to approve your comment before it appears. I won't reject your comment for disagreement - I actually welcome disagreement. But I will not allow libelous comments (which is my main reason for requiring approval) and please try to avoid profanities. Thanks!