Thursday, December 31, 2009

A New Year Is Here

You don't have to wait for the New Year to make positive changes in your life, though a lot of people do. With that in mind, I urge you, dear reader, and myself (I'm writing to myself as much as anyone), to examine yourself.

What are your priorities? What is important in life? Are you spending your time, money, and energy accordingly? Do your thoughts, utterances, and actions make things better?

Are you happy?

Being happy, for the most part, is a choice. Perspective and a change in attitude make an enormous difference.

If you are married, what are you doing to make your spouse's life better? If you want to get married, what are you doing to prepare yourself to be a spouse?

We all have room for improvement. I have quite a bit. What are we doing about it?

Are you letting life wash over you, or are you using your God-given resources to reach your goals, thereby helping others? All good goals help others, even if indirectly. Making a lot of money means you did something for other people that they found to be of value - enough value to pay you a lot of money.

Romancing your spouse, exercising, eating better, cutting wasteful spending, getting informed and active in the community and in elections, learning something new that is fun and useful, removing toxic people from our lives... there are so many ways we can make things better.

God (or, if you are an atheist - nature) and our Constitution, even as much as our Constitution has been ignored, allow us to have a lot of control over our lives. Let's not squander that freedom.

I pray this New Year is a good one for you, and I pray that I am a better person this year. Some of you have blogs I find helpful in that they make me think and give me someone else's perspective. I hope I do the same for you. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. blogwalking here! happy new year! :-)

    http://gjramos.blogspot.com
    icedgurl

    ReplyDelete

Please no "cussing" or profanities or your comment won't be published. I have to approve your comment before it appears. I won't reject your comment for disagreement - I actually welcome disagreement. But I will not allow libelous comments (which is my main reason for requiring approval) and please try to avoid profanities. Thanks!