Monday, January 04, 2010

Health Thyself

I'm sorry, but every time I see an ad for "Merrill Lynch Wealth Management" I have to laugh. Merrill Lynch is one of those companies that couldn't manage it own wealth, and so it ended up being bought up by Bank of America under the cloud of tax bailouts.

I laugh, but there are a lot of former employees who probably aren't laughing. Managers failed at their duties, and investors failed at their duty to known in what they were investing. And, of course, people were greedy in occupying houses they couldn't afford on the hope that the real estate market would keep skyrocketing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no "cussing" or profanities or your comment won't be published. I have to approve your comment before it appears. I won't reject your comment for disagreement - I actually welcome disagreement. But I will not allow libelous comments (which is my main reason for requiring approval) and please try to avoid profanities. Thanks!