Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Don't Shake the Baby

Yes, there are some great stepfathers out there. Statistically, however, a mother of a minor child who marries (or dates) is raising the risk that her child will be abused or murdered. Mothers of minor children should be wary of the guys willing to date them, and especially so of a guy willing to marry them when they are pregnant with another man's child. Here's another example. Robert J. Lopez reports at LATimes.com on the murder of a 2-month-old.


Santa Monica police have arrested a man in connection with the suspected shaking death of his 2-month-old stepdaughter, authorities said today.
How does a guy have a 2-month-old stepdaughter? He married a woman he knew was pregnant with another guy's baby or just gave birth to another guy's baby? In most cases, that indicates a guy is messed up or otherwise undesirable. Looks like he may have proven that.


Donald Hillman, 33, was arrested Monday by Santa Monica Police Department detectives in North Hollywood, authorities said.
Unless the news reports are missing something, it wasn't like this guy was "trapped" into being a father when he didn't want to be. And no, I'm not saying guys who are have a right to be violent. My point is that he actively, knowingly chose to take on this role, despite the apparent fact that he couldn't handle it. He didn't have to marry the child's mother. He had no legal, social, or moral obligation to do that. If she was conceiving children with someone else less than a year before, how well does he really know her?

Where did the child's mother find this guy? Did she have any indication about how violent he is? I don't see any mention of her in the news.

There were times I was very frustrated dealing with my screaming infants. Males literally have a different natural reaction to screaming babies than women do. But I'd rather pull out my own hair than hurt a baby.

I pray for justice and for some good to somehow come out of this. God has performed larger miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no "cussing" or profanities or your comment won't be published. I have to approve your comment before it appears. I won't reject your comment for disagreement - I actually welcome disagreement. But I will not allow libelous comments (which is my main reason for requiring approval) and please try to avoid profanities. Thanks!