Thursday, October 12, 2023

Dennis Prager Doesn't Understand Putting Financial Stability Before Getting Married

Money Clipart Jpg | Clipart library - Free Clipart Images
On the Male/Female Hour of his show today (Wednesday, February 3, 2021), Dennis Prager again took the opportunity to try to sell people on marrying by bringing up how people, especially men, will say they don't want to marry until they have financial stability, and claiming he's never heard a good explanation for that. [This entry us bumped up because it is still relevant.]

I was hoping for some callers would do what I recommended here. One sounded like he might.

I wish I could call in, but I can't. At least not yet. 

Most men shouldn't marry at all, but if they are going to do something so foolish, they should definitely not marry until they have financial stability. There are many reasons this is so. In no particular order, here are just some reasons as to why:
  • Marriage is difficult enough. It is even more so when you're poor. Finances are one of THE most common reasons spouse fight and people get divorced. 
  • People trying to reach financial stability have less time and energy to spend on a spouse.
  • Men who are better off financially can get a more attractive wife.
  • Why should you take on another person's debts? Why should they take on yours?
  • Wealth acquired before the marriage can be more easily protected from divorce than wealth acquired during the marriage.
  • Most women want to marry a man who can support them.
  • If kids are a possibility, it is best they have a parent raise them, not have both parents unavailable and tired out from working jobs.
Rather than further repeat myself more, see what I wrote here and go ahead and look through the Dennis Prager tag on this blog. 

Dennis Prager, being unmarried is the default. MEN DO NOT NEED A REASON TO AVOID MARRIAGE. Instead, they need a good reason TO get married, and most men don't have one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no "cussing" or profanities or your comment won't be published. I have to approve your comment before it appears. I won't reject your comment for disagreement - I actually welcome disagreement. But I will not allow libelous comments (which is my main reason for requiring approval) and please try to avoid profanities. Thanks!