Saturday, September 05, 2009

CRI Off SoCal Airwaves

The 3pm weekday hour used to be so crowded with radio shows I wanted to hear. Tom Leykis and Larry Elder are both gone. I just found out that "The Bible Answer Man", the Christian Research Institute's radio show, has been off the air in the Los Angeles area for at least a month.

That tells you how often I was listening lately. (If I've been listening to radio at that hour, it has usually been John & Ken on KFI.)

I've written about the BAM show before - just check the "CRI" or "Christian Research Institute" tags at the end of this entry.

To think that southern California is where the program had its origin for so many years, and now it is barely heard anywhere in California. I remember when both KKLA 99.5 and KWVE 107.9 (Calvary Chapel's radio station) ran the program at the same time, until KWVE dropped it and had their own call-in apologetics show.

I guess CRI President (and show host) Hank figures "Who needs KKLA? We've got XM and podcasting!" But I have yet to get into the podcast habit myself. I feel like such an old man.

Hank, Larry, and Tom... now there is a diverse bunch. Diverse opinions and views make ya think, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no "cussing" or profanities or your comment won't be published. I have to approve your comment before it appears. I won't reject your comment for disagreement - I actually welcome disagreement. But I will not allow libelous comments (which is my main reason for requiring approval) and please try to avoid profanities. Thanks!