Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Where's the Book?

As I wrote tangentially in a long entry about the Tom Leykis Show, the lack of mention of his book on his show indicated to me that the project is in limbo or even scrapped, even though a couple of years ago it sounded like it would be for sale within a few months.

This week, a caller mentioned the book but Leykis didn't address that part of the caller's comment at all.

A search on Amazon comes up with this, which is placeholder. It gives a price, a description (apparently boilerplated from existing Leykis media), and a release date (when I checked) of October 15, 2018. That's a Monday. Books are released on Tuesdays. If the placeholder was put there by a fan, it means absolutely nothing. Do we have any reason it was put there by Leykis or a publisher?

I'm curious because, if done right, the book, which would focus on the core of "Leykis 101" which is about "how to get more tail for less money" can be informative, persuasive, entertaining, and provocative. While I do not advocate fornication, other parts of Leykis' "course" are broadly applicable and I support them, such as spending as little money on women as possible, avoiding marriage and exclusive relationships, not tolerating troublesome women, and generally preventing women from exerting control over or negatively influencing your life.

I can't help but think of what the book should be like. Each tenet of L101 could have its own chapter, explaining what to do, why it works, and providing examples from Leykis' life, the lives of his callers, and the news. I could even see Leykis promoting the book  and answering questions like, "Aren't you afraid this will allow women to figure out your tactics?" with "The women my readers wan't don't read books."

Anyway, with how transparent Leykis has been about everything else, his silence on the book, along with the delay, indicates that something has gone wrong and I would not count on a book being release in mid-October.

UPDATE: On his Tuesday, March 20, 2018 show, a caller asked about the book during unscreened calls, and Leykis  said it is in the editing process. So that's good news.

1 comment:

  1. Lol and behold, the placeholder now says 'Galileo: His Life and Times'.

    ReplyDelete

Please no "cussing" or profanities or your comment won't be published. I have to approve your comment before it appears. I won't reject your comment for disagreement - I actually welcome disagreement. But I will not allow libelous comments (which is my main reason for requiring approval) and please try to avoid profanities. Thanks!