Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Do Not Touch

Some guys have sworn off looking for wife. I say, don't give up hope! Here is a good word from a woman who is newly back on the market - something she recently wrote on a social networking site:

I want to apologize to all my friends for my temporary insanity. I tried to go off my medicine that controls my anxiety, ocd, anger, and depression. I guess I didn't realize I was such a bitch!!!!
If that isn't enough, then perhaps you'll like being a pseudo-father to her kids. They have different fathers - maybe you can persuade her to add a new kid that has your DNA?

In all seriousness, at least she did apologize. Still wouldn't want to live like that.

Yeah, ladies, I know there are plenty of bad male specimens, too. Feel free to share what you've seen and experienced. I often thank God that my wife is not typical.

2 comments:

  1. I worked for a study on the efficiency of court mandated counseling in the case of Domestic Violence. In the course of my job, I worked in a probation office interviewing the offenders. I actually had some guy - who was married, AND an abuser - ask me out to lunch because what his wife didn't know wouldn't hurt her. This after he bit her breast - OFF - an offense that had he done this to a stranger would have been a first class felony. Needless to say, I wanted to line right up to be his lunch date.
    There are good and bad in men and women out there.
    This is just one small such example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that one! Ah, it never ceases to amaze me what people will willingly subject themselves to. His hitting on other women no doubt paid off at some point - thankfully, not with you.

    I think of the women who fall for violent rapists, murderers, and child molesters and write to them while they are in prison. I think of guys who will take up with a woman who has cut off a sleeping man's penis. Stuff like that.

    I like to say "zero tolerance" for abuse - ladies, if a guy hits you (literally punches), throws heavy or sharp objects at you, seriously threatens your life... leave and take any child with you. No, it isn't always the easy thing to do, but it is the best thing to do. And guys should think the same way. I say zero tolerance, but there has to be a distinction. If you've been throwing things at a guy, have punched him, have lunged at him trying to knock him over, and he responds by slapping you, or pushing you, or even punching you to get you to stop biting him... THAT'S self defense, not abuse.

    ReplyDelete

Please no "cussing" or profanities or your comment won't be published. I have to approve your comment before it appears. I won't reject your comment for disagreement - I actually welcome disagreement. But I will not allow libelous comments (which is my main reason for requiring approval) and please try to avoid profanities. Thanks!