Saturday, March 23, 2024

What's a Single Mother To Do?


Question mark pictures of questions marks clipart cliparting
Anonymous left a comment on this blog's most popular entry, which has hundreds of comments, so I wanted to call attention to hers.

I had my son with my now ex fiancé.
There was the first mistake. Conceiving before being in a stable, healthy, happy marriage.
We ended up breaking things off because he completely lied about who he was and it became a toxic environment.
Well, at least you didn't make more kids with him.
now I am a single mother who is currently picking up the pieces and doing what I can to give my son the best life possible regarding the circumstances.
It would be great if that included living with, or very close to, your nice, loving, married parents.
Despite how things ended, his father is still actively involved and we even hangout as a family periodically. 
If he's not abusive, I guess that's better than nothing.
My question is...if I choose not to get back with his father because of the boundaries that have been crossed..now what? Don’t date until ny son is 18 years old? Date a guy who is also a single father? Forever be alone? 
Good question.

1) Get your tubes "tied". Tubal ligation. Or, depending on your health history and your family health history, consider getting your ovaries and/or uterus removed. We don't need more children brought into this situation. Your son certainly doesn't need it.

2) Be there for your son. He needs parental attention. He doesn't have an intact home.

3) When your son is with his father, or grandparents, or aunts/uncles, you can date. Your son should never meet your new lover(s) until your son is 18, grown, moving out on his own. Even though people like me warn men to never date women with minor children, you can find plenty of dates anyway.

4) After your son is grown and out, you can date, be in relationships, shack up, marry, whatever. If you DO shack up or marry, be sure you get a prenup (marry) or cohabitation agreement (shackup) so that your son will be protected.

If you don't find this ideal, well, that's because your situation is not ideal. My advice is for your son's best interests out of the remaining possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no "cussing" or profanities or your comment won't be published. I have to approve your comment before it appears. I won't reject your comment for disagreement - I actually welcome disagreement. But I will not allow libelous comments (which is my main reason for requiring approval) and please try to avoid profanities. Thanks!