Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Vows Vary

Wedding Ring Clip Art | Clipart library - Free Clipart Images
Dr. Laura read a letter at the end of the Wednesday, May 13, 2020 show from the wife of a caller. The wife explained that her husband had called claiming that there were sexual problems in the relationship. The letter writer explained, because he never said so during the call, that her husband had been trying to get her to have sex with other men. (There is a whole fetish or two about that.) [This entry has been bumped up.]

Dr. Laura again talked about "breaking vows".

Is there a state in the union that still requires a pledge of sexual exclusivity for legal marriage? We all know there are people who write their own vows for their wedding. Not all vows have sexual exclusivity included.

We know some wives enjoy being with others with the agreement, even encouragement, of their husband, whether he's just watching, or being told about it after, or it's a threesome (or group sex), or wife swapping, or swinging, or polyamory, or... whatever else. We know this because some such wives have called into the show, and Dr. Laura attempts to shame them. (She'd say as much.) Or their relative calls in and Dr. Laura talks about how awful such a woman is, and how terrible her husband must be.

Though the letter writer (wife) clearly didn't want to engage in such activity, some women do. It will be interesting if a caller ever says, "We never made such a vow." I think I have an idea of how Dr. Laura would handle that. 

I do wonder how Dr. Laura would handle it if the caller would go on to point out the Biblical heroes who were not monogamous. Solomon, anyone?

According to some sources, some of these things, such as threesomes and swinger parties are very common. It is reasonable to grasp that she has had callers, even callers she has praised, who are current or former swingers, or having threesomes, or whatever. She just has no idea because the subject doesn't come up. If it did, they'd likely argue that "cheating is breaking the rules. Our rules say this is OK."

And no, I'm not looking to be with anyone else, nor do I want my wife to be with anyone else. I'm serving my sentence, which may be lifetime one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no "cussing" or profanities or your comment won't be published. I have to approve your comment before it appears. I won't reject your comment for disagreement - I actually welcome disagreement. But I will not allow libelous comments (which is my main reason for requiring approval) and please try to avoid profanities. Thanks!