Monday, May 17, 2010

Giving the Finger (Or Losing the Finger)

I've written before about my in-laws and their drinking. My MIL is great - when she is sober. My wife is very familiar with her mother's stages of drunkenness, so we almost always leave her presence before things get too bad.

Sometimes, after a family dinner and after we've left, my MIL will go into a drunken rage.

Recently, she and FIL got into it during one such instance.

A door was slammed.

Off came the tip of one of my MIL's fingers.

She ended up having the entire portion of the finger at the last knuckle surgically amputated.

Good times.

I wonder how long it will be before she asks again why we don't leave the kids there?

2 comments:

  1. Your post once again reminds me that we ALL have inlaw problems. Sorry to hear about this, but I certainly applaud your decision, in conjunction with your wife not to live your children there....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the in-laws...ugh...it's a sad thing when our children can't have a close relationship with people two generations older, simply because they haven't grown up and/or repented. :(

    ReplyDelete

Please no "cussing" or profanities or your comment won't be published. I have to approve your comment before it appears. I won't reject your comment for disagreement - I actually welcome disagreement. But I will not allow libelous comments (which is my main reason for requiring approval) and please try to avoid profanities. Thanks!