Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Don't Be This Guy

My 25-year-old son has been dating a girl for two or three months. She seems very nice.

Your son doesn't really know her. Neither do you.

She has two children and is pregnant with her third child. She's due in three months. The child is not my son's.

What are the odds there are three different "fathers"?

I was told by some friends of my son that he's planning to sign the birth certificate as the father. He understands the implications.

No, he really doesn't. He's signing up for what could be 26 years of supporting some other guy's kid, and possibly almost as much and as long for the other kids, too. 

How do I convince him that, although he feels like he and this girl will be together for the long haul, this is a poor decision to make, especially because of the short length of time they have been dating?

So many questions.
How desperate is this guy?

Is he a pedophile?

What are the odds LW is a woman and the son she's writing about didn't really have a father in his life?

The odds that LW's son and this woman will be together and happy in ten years are very, very remote. Heck, she might even go back to one of the other guys. This guy could end up paying the actual biological father of this kid to raise the kid!

What a nightmare.

And of course, LW's son will probably knock this woman up, too. 

There's probably no reasoning with this guy, but ask him what happened to all of the other guys. He'll probably say they were jerks and deadbeats, which should prompt the question: Why is he with a woman who likes jerks and deadbeats?

If I was LW, I'd seriously consider hiring a model to come on strong to her son, so that he either dumps this woman or the woman dumps him.

Guys, DO NOT DATE WOMEN WITH MINOR CHILDREN.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:48 PM

    Sorry to say, but (if real), this guy is doomed. Even if he gets out of this unscathed, he will take some other dumb decision soon.

    ReplyDelete

Please no "cussing" or profanities or your comment won't be published. I have to approve your comment before it appears. I won't reject your comment for disagreement - I actually welcome disagreement. But I will not allow libelous comments (which is my main reason for requiring approval) and please try to avoid profanities. Thanks!