Monday, May 17, 2021

A Comment Worth Reading

I hate it when I get a great comment, especially one that obviously took some time to write, and one "profanity" is included. I'm trying to keep profanity off of this blog. If there wasn't much to a comment with profanity, I simply don't publish it. When the comment actually had worthwhile stuff to read, I might do what I'm doing with this comment: make a new post out of it.

"Unknown" left a comment on an entry about one of those articles that tried to get men to sacrifice themselves.
I can’t tell you how much guilt I’ve been shouldering from people on why I am single. I am single at 34 while many of my friends are married. Parents aside I understand they want grandchildren and so do I but NOT now maybe when I’m 45. But this whole shaming from my friends wives to co-workers to relatives to just about any person in a relationship is so ridiculous.
It should be considered sexual harassment when done by coworkers. Seriously. If we're going to have sexual harassment laws and policies, people should get busted for that. It creates just as much of a hostile work environment as an unwanted request for a date.
The questions go like “ so have you found a good girl to settle with yet? What’s wrong? Are you just not trying? Don’t you wanna be a dad already? When are you gonna grow up? Is everything ok, I mean health wise you OK? You’re getting older you better hurry up or you’ll be unmarriable, high quality young girls don’t want wrinkly middle age 40 something creep to marry. And on and on and on.
Sorry, man. Hey readers: I hope you don't do this to anyone.
It’s verbal assault man. I own a pimp condo in downtown worth more than 600k, a luxury sport car no car payments. Wear nice suits I’m decked out. I feel good look good but STILL. There’s this looming cloud floated my way constantly saying - allllllllllllllll you need now is a wife and babies you need to grow up and get serious, be a man.
Yeah! Stop enjoying your life and sign a terrible contract with an irrational creature!
Have a wife, be a father. Life isn’t just traveling, living alone eating out dating random women and acting like a privileged 20 year.
Sounds nice to me!
You’re a man approaching 40 hurry up settle down already ur getting older fast. I also constantly hear from my male married friends “ being alone in old age is hell bro, you’ll have no legacy if you don’t hurry up and do it, happy life is with a wife”.
Legacy? You mean like José and Mary "Kitty" Menéndez or the many parents killed by their own children since then? Or the parents who raised mass murderers? You can leave a legacy without having children.
Anddd also work on convincing a girl to marry you. Win a girl over ur probably unlucky because you’re doing something wrong etc etc etc.
Sounds to me like you're doing something right!
But you know what - I am not married because I WANT TO BE SINGLE. I loovvve my freedom, I can pull girls NO problem. I’ve got money, career success and options. I am no sorry deadbeat with no options. So it [expletive deleted] pissed me off when I get allllll this crap from all directions like I’m some poor disabled disfigured dude who’s so so unfortunate because “ pssst he’s still not married, wow still, must be something wrong, probably damaged” [expletive deleted] off.

Marriage is a choice I’ll make when I feel like I give up and tired of traveling the world and banging hot babes. I’m ready to sit and watch my kid grow on my farm where I can raise him and die before he turns 30.
People should not get married and have children unless they can give a logical, coherent, reasonable, unselfish explanation why they want to, and are reasonably certain they can be a good spouse and parent. We aren't born with a spouse and offspring. The default is being unmarried and child-free.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:07 PM

    I'm feeling a little envious for this guy :)

    ReplyDelete

Please no "cussing" or profanities or your comment won't be published. I have to approve your comment before it appears. I won't reject your comment for disagreement - I actually welcome disagreement. But I will not allow libelous comments (which is my main reason for requiring approval) and please try to avoid profanities. Thanks!