Monday, January 22, 2018

Prager Isn't a Hypocrite When It Comes to Divorce

Someone got here by searching:
dennis prager divorce hypocrite

Prager is NOT a hypocrite on divorce.

He's been divorced twice but he never says people shouldn't divorce. Quite the contrary, he says marriage involves a contract and that if someone isn't holding up their end of the contract, then divorce is entirely reasonable. He also tries to advocate for strengthening marriages.

People assume all "religious conservatives" think alike on everything, and it isn't the case. Also, remember that Prager is an observant Jew, not a Christian.

I have no idea why Prager has been divorced twice. That's probably by design. And to be fair, why would he give an explanation on his radio show or in his books or columns when his ex-wives don't really have the same platform? It's probably best he doesn't talk about it.


He does beat the drum for marrying and having children. I wish he wouldn't. Most men shouldn't marry, not have children. But Prager advocates marriage and is consistent in that he's married three times (so far).

Interestingly, he has a colleague working for the same company, Michael Medved. Diane Medved has written a book called Don't Divorce that Michael has promoted on his show. I'd thought I'd read Michael had been married before he married Diane but maybe I'm not remembering correctly. He speaks glowingly of Diane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no "cussing" or profanities or your comment won't be published. I have to approve your comment before it appears. I won't reject your comment for disagreement - I actually welcome disagreement. But I will not allow libelous comments (which is my main reason for requiring approval) and please try to avoid profanities. Thanks!