Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Susan Smith, Andrea Yates, Linda Wilborn?

Linda Wilborn, 31, of Seal Beach, a "mother" of four, has been arrested for the murder of her 22-month-old daughter (who had her heart ruptured) and for allegedly fracturing the skull of the girl's twin brother, according to Matt Coker of the Orange County Weekly.

From the Orange County District Attorney’s statement...

Millicent was transported to the hospital, but later died due to a ruptured heart despite the life-saving efforts of medical staff. Further examination of the victim revealed that she had fresh and old fractures to her ribs. An examination of her twin, John Doe, revealed that he had a fractured skull. The defendant is accused of causing the great bodily injuries that resulted in the death of Millicent, as well as the injuries to John Doe. The other two children did not have any physical signs of trauma.

Wilborn's three surviving children were placed in protective custody.
The eldest is three and the youngest is 8 months. That's a lot of kids in a short amount of time. Oh, if only there was some way we could avoid overwhelming ourselves with so many kids in such a short time frame.

In the two articles I have read, I have not seen any information about Wilborn's husband other than that he was working (otherwise, I'm sure he'd be the suspect). I'd really like to know more about this guy. Has he been married to her long enough to presume he is the father of the eldest? Or long enough for him to know what she was like before she gave birth, and to see if she became a menace after giving birth? How could he have not known about the prior abuse? Was there any indication his wife was going to beat her child to death?

Crazy women are great in the sack – ask any guy who has been around the block. But crazy women make horrible girlfriends, wives, and mothers. It is a really, really, really bad idea to knock up a crazy woman. It is evil to leave a child in the care of a crazy woman (or man, for that matter).

2 comments:

  1. Y'know, Ken, this isn't the post I needed to read today. Having a crazy day myself. Haven't beaten my kids yet. I played "Sing into a Tupperware Bowl" with one and I hugged and tickled the other, then gave him ice cream. Ice Cream. At 11 am.

    No. Sure. Sounds Like good mom stuff.

    But in my head ... I'm tired and overwhelmed and I want to go away.

    I should go blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice cream at 11am sounds just fine!

    You're very good at blogging. From what I can see, you are also very good at mothering.

    ReplyDelete

Please no "cussing" or profanities or your comment won't be published. I have to approve your comment before it appears. I won't reject your comment for disagreement - I actually welcome disagreement. But I will not allow libelous comments (which is my main reason for requiring approval) and please try to avoid profanities. Thanks!