Sunday, June 22, 2008

Is Your Ex a Jerk? You Picked Him.

I'm on MySpace. No, I'm not trying to pick up on 13-year-old girls, or even trying to get on TV by picking up on a decoy who is working with Chris Hanson of Dateline NBC. I find MySpace helpful because it gathers together many different elements of online communication into one place. I can share pictures and communicated with friends and family all over the world. I clearly state in my profile that I'm happily married and not looking for romatic or sexual attention outside of my marriage.

Anyway, one of my "friends" is a woman with whom I went to high school, for three years at least. She's divorced and raising two boys. Not long ago, she decided to move herself and her boys into her boyfriend's place.

Bad move, of course. But do you think she would listen to reason? Of course now.

I've noticed how much she badmouths her ex. Just recently her update was "[name redacted] IS AT HOME TRYING TO MEND MY KIDS BROKEN HEART FROM THERE FATHER WHO IS AN A-HOLE"

Notice the use of "THERE" instead of "THEIR", and the singular "HEART". But that's not really important.

What's important is... she picked this "A-HOLE". He turned her on enough that she married him and let him impregnate her... twice. Did he magically turn into a jerk after the second kid? My guess is no. He was a jerk all along, and that's what turned her on about him. Until she finally realized that jerks don't make good husbands or fathers.

So her boys are left without their father, and a mother who dates and posts inappropriate stuff online. And now they are living with a man who is not their father and is not married to their mother.

Now, I'm not going to sit here and tell you I haven't made some major mistakes in my life. Oh, I've blown it big time over and over again. There's no doubt about it - I need a Saviour, and I'm so thankful I know Him. But just because I'm not perfect doesn't mean I'm not going write about mistakes other people are making, too. I pray that I will stay focused on Him, and treat my wife in a way that represents His love, so that our marriage will stay strong and happy, and we never subject our children to the pain of divorce.

Finally... ladies... remember.... that jerk turned you on enough that you had sex with him. In some cases, the sex was so good that you married him.

This is one reason why some men consciously act like jerks. It gets the results for which they are looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no "cussing" or profanities or your comment won't be published. I have to approve your comment before it appears. I won't reject your comment for disagreement - I actually welcome disagreement. But I will not allow libelous comments (which is my main reason for requiring approval) and please try to avoid profanities. Thanks!