Wednesday, November 04, 2009

I Have Nothing Against Cats

In Dudley, Massachusetts, reports Kim Ring, voters have made it illegal to own more than three cats without a kennel license.

I wonder if the application for the license gives makes you choose one of the following three identities:

1. Spinster
2. Crazy
3. Gay male?

Hey, I could have made the humor about this one a lot cruder.

As the title says, I have nothing against cats. We had cats while growing up (no more than two at time), but we also had dogs. I also kind of adopted a cat in the waning years of my bachelorhood, and one of my girlfriends had a cat that got along with me.

BUT... if I was a single man looking for a wife, I'd be wary of a woman with more than two cats. Unfortunately for some women, it becomes sort of a cycle that feeds itself... she has too many cats, and men shy away... and then she gets more cats because men shy away from her. So if you're one of those rare women that is just looking for sex and don't want men to pursue you for commitment, then perhaps you should own a lot of cats.

2 comments:

  1. I am quite literally LMAO right now. Well, perhaps not literally, as I think I have a lovely "A" and it would be a shame to "L" it "O", but I am laughing quite hysterically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa. Glad you got a chuckle. And if you have a lovely A, be sure to put it back if you do laugh it off.

    ReplyDelete

Please no "cussing" or profanities or your comment won't be published. I have to approve your comment before it appears. I won't reject your comment for disagreement - I actually welcome disagreement. But I will not allow libelous comments (which is my main reason for requiring approval) and please try to avoid profanities. Thanks!