Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Revisiting My Revisting of My Series on the Claim Married Men Get More Sex

In December 2016 I wrote:
It's been more like once every three weeks now, although my wife has just agreed to try to get it up to three times per week. The problem is, after everything that's happened and the things she's said repeatedly, including recently, and done, it is difficult for me to be turned on to her. Sex is a burden and chore for her and she deliberately avoids orgasms except for rare times. Yes, I'm still physically attracted to her and want to enjoy her body and treat her well, but treating her well seems to be leaving her alone, and emotionally it's a mess. Like just about every other plan to which she agrees, the plan to at least make out more often will probably be dropped quickly.
Yeah, that didn't even get off the ground. Once every three weeks or less, and usually it is one-sided, as in she will give me some relief while expending as little energy as she can, and that's it, or she will let me do what I can for her (which I enjoy a lot) and she will be "unable" to do anything to me.

I also addressed the sleeping habits of the kids and our overall schedules. Those have changed a bit. I still get way too little sleep. The kids refuse to align their sleep schedules.  Also, we have one of my wife's siblings and that sibling's spouse living with us now. There's usually a block of hours once per week during which the wife and I will both be home without the kids, but my wife needs to sleep during that time. So, the only opportunities we have are when I'm exhausted and struggling to stay awake.
Our long-term houseguests got the boot after being here a couple of years. While that gave the home more "privacy" it also meant we didn't have babysitters. We can only leave the kids with someone else one at a time; we can't leave them with someone else together. Last time we did that, police got involved. Although, they might have aged enough that it would now be OK. Still, the relatives we'd leave them with won't take them together. The kids' sleep schedules will never be aligned. They are even more divergent during the current government-imposed lockdowns.

So, things haven't improved. Sex, lovemaking, or whatever we'd do is basically a chore for her. I wish it was a hobby, a passion, but it's not. It's something that will be done infrequently and after everything else is done. It will never be a priority to her.

I am more strongly in agreement with that I wrote before than ever:

I can no longer encourage men to get legally married under the current laws and in the current culture. What our laws now call "marriage" has almost no resemblance to Biblical marriage and even militates against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no "cussing" or profanities or your comment won't be published. I have to approve your comment before it appears. I won't reject your comment for disagreement - I actually welcome disagreement. But I will not allow libelous comments (which is my main reason for requiring approval) and please try to avoid profanities. Thanks!