Monday, November 15, 2010

Dad Guarded the Girl

Someone calling herself Margo wrote in to Dr. Laura about "Today's Loose Women".

I am e-mailing you to let you know there are still some women who do have morals and standards.

I am 22 years old. I have been married to my boyfriend/husband for 3 years now and have a beautiful baby girl. (No Shacking up!!!)
Wow, she made it all the way to nineteen without shacking up! And although she doesn't explicitly state it in her letter, she implies she also saved sex for marriage, which means she held out until the grand old age of nineteen. Wow, what willpower!

Seriously, good for her. She could have jumped in the sack at twelve. Yes, it is good that she waited until marriage. But I do find it a little humorous when someone who married at 19 or 18 or 16 tells people in their late twenties or early thirties "Hey, I waited to have sex!"

When I was younger and just starting to date (at age 16) the rule given by my dad was any young man who asked me out had to be interviewed by him (my father) before I was allowed to leave the house.
Good for him.

I soon realized when I was asked out by a stranger who I could tell only wanted sex, not friendship or courtship , and really would not want to come meet my dad. I told him that he would have to come over first and have a chat with my dad before I could go. He said never mind and went on his way.
Actually, those guys should have asked you out by asking you to let them know how to contact your dad. It would have lowered your guard. If a girl doesn't have a father around or has a bad relationship with her father, that is helpful to his quest. If she does have a father who would want to meet him, he can study the mannerisms of the girl's father at get a better idea of how to go about his quest, because she is likely to be attracted if her date mimics some of those mannerisms, and she may not realize why. Devious, eh?

Anyway, I wish Margo a long and happy life with her hubby and 85 kids. And a lot of good lovemaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no "cussing" or profanities or your comment won't be published. I have to approve your comment before it appears. I won't reject your comment for disagreement - I actually welcome disagreement. But I will not allow libelous comments (which is my main reason for requiring approval) and please try to avoid profanities. Thanks!